Position: Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary: Up to $45,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Are you an Accounts Payable Specialist looking for a new challenge?
Would you like to work in downtown Montreal for one of the top employers in Canada?
Our client is a growing company in the heart of Montreal, with over a hundred employees. Due to an internal promotion, they are looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to their financial team.
Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for, among others, the general ledger entries and month-end journal entries.You will also have room for growth!
Working for this company has several perks:
- Benefits from day 1
- Salary up to $45,000 per year, depending on experience
- Paid Opus card or parking
- Paid breakfast and lunch
What youll do in this role:
- Register and process invoices received by email, fax or regular post
- Match invoices against purchase orders in the eRequester purchasing system
- Coordinate with the purchasing team to resolve issues related to purchase orders and any outstanding questions
- Issue payments by check, wire and ACH
- Create new supplier records in the MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Perform other tasks related to the 5-day close of the accounts payables cycle
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various accruals and other general journal entries as needed
- Perform complex allocations
- Utilize Concur (travel and expense system) to process expense reports
- Respond to various queries from other departments
- File documents as needed and prepare ad hoc reports
Whats needed in this role:
- Strong accounting knowledge and 1 to 2 years of accounts payable experience required
- Bachelor degree in accounting ideal but not a deal breaker
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains an asset
- Experience creating journal entries preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office intermediate level in Excel (advanced is an asset)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of enthusiasm and initiative and strong follow-through skills
- Proven ability to handle deadlines and pressure in a constantly evolving environment
Please send your resume in Word format to Julie Lo Cicero at the following address: email@example.com.
YOUR TALENT. OUR BUSINESS.
If you recommend a friend or colleague, you may be eligible for a referral bonus.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial